our service

Court Marriage

We offer legal consultancy for court marriage where we give the couple excellent suggestions regarding the marriage. We . also have qualified advocates who arrange the whole marriage procedures with legal documents and assist them in whole process. Our company also manages to give the registration certificate at the earliest. Matrimonial Law Chambers professionals guide the people how to register their marriage. A marriage, which has already been mutually solemnized, can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955, Or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is valid in cases where couples are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or they have adopted these religions. On the other hand if the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Further, marriage can be solemnised between any two persons (often when they are of different religion or nations) under the provisions of the Special Marriage Act, 1954 ` `


1. Marriage under the special Marriage Act -1954

Documents required for Court marriage under Special Marriage Act:-
1. Application form / Notice duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
2. Documentary evidence of date of birth of both parties (Matriculation Certificate/ Passport/ Birth Certificate).
3. Documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of one of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO, Police Station).
4. Separate affidavits from bride and groom giving:
a. Date of birth.
b. Present marital status: unmarried/widower/ divorcee.
c. Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act (See at end to know the meaning of prohibited relationship).
d. Citizenship.
e. Parties intent to marry with each others .
5. Passport size photographs of both parties (3 copies each) duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
6. Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
7. In case of a foreign national, a no objection certificate from the concerned Embassy regarding his / her present status.
8. Some countries insist for proof of proceeding of civil marriage & marriageablity certificate of Indian fiancee before granting visa to a foreign national to visit / stay in India for marriage.
9. Foreign national who intent to stay in India for long time after marriage should know before marriage about grant of citizenship of India and about profession / tax liability.

2. In case of protested marriages instant relief of protection from police and parents.

1. Restraint order from the civil court against the wrong doer who wants to infringe your rights.
2. High Court protection against the police being law enforcing agency, if some one police official is not protecting your right.

sandhya gupta & associates

  • 201, Second Floor, Sincere Tower, Commercial Complex, Preet Vihar, Delhi-96
  • 23, Lawyers Chamber, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi-110001.
  • Chamber No. 189, Tis Hazaari Court, Delhi-110054.
  • G-401 Lawyers Chamber, Karkardooma Court, Delhi-110032.
  • Copyright © Advocatesandhyagupta.com. All Right Reserved

    developed by-Digitaltechnology360